Re: Acceptance Criteria

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 12:43:01PM -0500, Joyce Poon wrote:

> Why is Zeta a she? Call it an "it" please.  It's a technical report.

It's not necessarily unacceptable to call Zeta a "she" simply because
it's a technical report, although I'll grant that there are certainly
multiple opinions on the matter.  Just be careful as you go changing
"she"s into "it"s, since there are probably some places where the "it"
will be an ambiguous reference even though the "she" wasn't.

> Some constraints are kind of iffy (building superior robot?).  Did you
> read the Q&A page?  Maybe you can also talk about the weighing of
> different contraints, like which ones are more important than others.

Of course I read the Q&A page.  I did consider weighing different
constraints, but the fact is, we didn't really do that and Malone
knows that it's extremely unlikely that _any_ group did that.  I also
considered numbering them in some kind of order, but after thinking
about it really hard, it just didn't seem to fit.

WRT to "buiding a superior tag playing robot".  Did you read the final
report from the people who produced a golf caddy?  They laid it on far
more heavily than that...