Printing email messages [was Re: Jan 3rd Admin Stuff]

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 12:09:50AM -0500, Cindy Wong wrote:

> Stupid me, when we print our e-mails, is there a way to print it out
> directly?  How?  Or do we have to save the messages first?

Both pine(1) and mutt(1) have a ``prYnt'' command and ``Print''
command, respectively.  Most likely, neither of those commands will do
what you want.  :-)  Pine's prYnt command might possibly print a
message on the printer attached to your computer if you are telnetting
into skule, but that is all.

If you want to select a certain set of emails to print, it really_is
easier to do using mutt.

Using mutt:

	i)   Select the emails you want to print using the 't' key.
	     If you want to print a whole thread, press Escape and
	     then 't' to select the whole thread.
        ii)  Press the ';' key and then the '|' key.  This pipes the
	     tagged messages into a command of your choosing.  Type
	     either "lpr1012" or "lpr1105" depending on which
	     printer you want to use.

             The ';' key told mutt that you wanted to pipe all of the
             tagged messages instead of only the current message.

Using Pine:

        i)   Select the emails you want to pritn using the ';' key.
	     I'll let you figure-out how to use this key...  :-)
	     The sequence ';' then 'B' is helpful for printing a
        ii)  Press 'A', followed by '|'.  This pipes the selected
	     messages into a command of your choosing.  Type either
	     "lpr1012" or "lpr1105" depending on which printer you
	     want to use.

             The 'A' key told Pine that you wanted to pipe all of the
             selected messages instead of only the current message.

Of course, you're probably using Pine right now, so from that
perspective, it's easier to print the messages using pine.  :)

> > E) Bring complete timetable
> > This is slightly off-topic, but do your timetables have any conflicts?  I
> > think the new time slots for Fluids conflict with physics (& my artsy
> > course -- grrr).  Which class are you going to on Monday?
>
> I don't know either.  Should we go to the Fluid Mechanics one first?  Did
> you guys notice that with the new changes, we have an 8 o'clock class on
> Friday?  Of course, for Tim, that wouldn't matter.  =)

Oh?  I seem to have forgotten my schedule at res...  :)  Gr.  And I
still need to pick a humanities and the stupid ROSI people are closed
for the holidays.  How dumb.