Re: Mon. Feb. 7

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 09:53:13PM -0500, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> 	- solder some more io pins
> 	- talk to the other 6502 hackers and see if any of them are
> 	  interested in using C, and help set them up if they are

I got the soldering done.  The male end of the connectors that connect
to Joyce's boards still need soldering.  They should be faster.  Most
other groups are writing fairly simple robot programs and do not
require C --- our main enemies continue to be the 6811 groups
identified earlier.

I also helped Joyce do some testing with the sensor circuit.  Neither
of us really know what can be done to improve things further.  Right
now 2m looks like the maximum range, and even that leaves very nasty
blind spots.  Our sensor range may be a restriction.

Tested reed relay.  Cruises along to about 150Hz, after which switch
times become noticeable.  Can be made to work all the way up to 500Hz.
150Hz is far more than fast enough.

> 	  2) the 6502 chips and modifications.  Hopefully he will not
> 	  be doing marking himself now that the TAs sont retourne, so

I didn't do this.  On one hand I feel guilty pressuring him to get
this done while other groups still haven't even had their board
tested, but on the other hand, I really would like to have the chips
by reading week, but that won't happen barring minor miracles...