Re: Mon. Feb. 7

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 07:26:44PM -0500, Joyce Poon wrote:

> My plans for tomorrow:

The great, magnificent, all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful TIM
VANDERHOEK's plans FOR TOMORROW!

	- solder some more io pins
	- talk to the other 6502 hackers and see if any of them are
	  interested in using C, and help set them up if they are

I spent a good part of this weekend working on various infrastructure
but didn't do any actual programming on Qubit.  I'll do some tonight.
I wrote a demo3.c file that performs Huffman encoding + decoding.
Although this is completely useless for Qubit, the fact that it runs
correctly greatly increases my confidence in the tools at hand, which
does count for something.  A lot of the infrastructure I just
developed is intended to be useful for other groups using C on 6502.
I don't actually expect more than one (if even that) to try using C,
however, at this point the infrastructure is sufficiently developed
and my confidence in the compiler sufficiently advanced that I can
feel comfortable reccommending that people use C, so we may actually
see a couple other groups try it.

Meanwhile, of course, I still have a lot of work to do on Qubit.  :-)
That said, I work far best in batch mode, so I intend to leave as much
for reading week as I can sneek past Malone.

One other thing I intend to do:

	- pressure Malone as much as I dare before fear of getting
	  shot such that Malone finally makes available to us: 1) a
	  simulator that works on my computer (having to simulate on
	  skule and not locally costs me a lot of time... :-( ...) and
	  2) the 6502 chips and modifications.  Hopefully he will not
	  be doing marking himself now that the TAs sont retourne, so
	  I do not have to wait for "question period" (whatever that
	  is).

If Cindy desires some assistance, I can make myself available.

In addition, I have some minor plans for Monday that will require more
dexterity to carry through:

	- rule the world
	- destroy all the Artsies
	- neuter President Prichard
	- kill Adam Tenenbaum
	- blow-up the lab
	- and anything that strikes my fancy

I am expecting your (plural) assistance in carrying out these plans
and do not expect any trouble other than that.  Your help is
appreciated.  Thanks.