Re: Wheel-speed opto-couples

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 11:24:35PM -0500, Cindy Wong wrote:

> ie the opto-couples wheel would be better if it had more holes to increase
> the number of pulses?

Yes.  I currently believe the ideal number is one pulse per 6cm.  Ie,
the robot will travel 3cm with the opto-couple closed, and the 3cm
with the opto-couple open --- 6cm per cycle.

[I said 2cm earlier --- I take that back, partly... (wavering)]

It is essential that both wheels use exactly the same pulse speed.  (duh)

It is very useful if they occur on a multiple of one cm (ie. not every
2.33333cm, not every 3.141596cm, etc.).

I do not need to know the exact number now, but I do need to know
that, as an order of magnitude, these are reasonable numbers.