Re: Touch sensors (placement of)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> I propose that we modify the placement of our touch sensors such that
> there are two large sensors along the sides (low resolution) with more
> smaller sensors along the front and back (high resolution).

I don't see the difference b/w small and large sensors.  Touch sensors are
just switches.  There is no difference b/w a small and large switch.  We
are currently planning to mount them above the bumper and attach the
switch arms onto "flaps" which act as the bumper.  "Small" ones, like the
push button reset switch, might not work very well under a foam covering.
We could just have more swiches on the front and back than on the side.

Joyce :)