Re: Name for our program?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:12:44PM -0500, Cindy Wong wrote:

>                             I do not think any robot can glide as
> gracefully as an animal...

It's clear to me you have never whatched Bambi.  I seem to recall that
the dumb deer can't walk too well when it is first born...

Dogs and moose, when trying to swim, look quite awkward (although I'd
wager that the moose can actually outswim a human who has never spent
much time swimming).  Possums are slow and, imho, somewhat ungainly.
Cattle do _not_ glide.  You prod them with a pitchfork and they move.
But glide?  Uh-uh.

However, there is a lesson here: nobody wants to name their robot
"cow", "Heiffer", "Holstein", or something like that.  :)