Re: Purchase Update

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> Were you able to find wide-angle IR detectors, or did you only buy the
> narrow angle detectors?
>
> [I was hoping you'd grab at least one of the wide-angle detectors
>  so we could compare that in practice to the narrow-angle detectors.
>  Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking clearly/quickly enough to mention this
>  earlier today.  Sorry...]

No problemo.  I bought a pair of wide-angle detectors (60 deg).  They
don't really have a huge selection.  Some parts are VERY expensive ($3+
for one detector vs. the current $2.50 for 2).  The detector looks
different tho.  If the wide angle one works well, I can refund all those
narrow angle ones that Malone recommends.  Great minds think alike. ;)

> WRT showing Malone an IR circuit by Thursday, it's fortunate that
> Active had restocked their supply of IR devices, anyways.

THis is precisely the reason why I bought 8 narrow-angle detectors
anyway...  I saw Alex Smith there too; he bought some parts for Roy.

> I'm not surprised: the prices on those things are amazingly consistent.
> Please remember to put my name on the board, somewhere.  Thanks.

Will do.

Joyce :)