Re: EPROMS & RAM

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 03:21:19PM -0500, Joyce Poon wrote:

> 	two 27C64 chips	$5.6 each
> 	1   6264	$6.5

Good.

> Active sells these 27C64 for $7.99, and the 28C64 (EEPROM) for $18.99.
> Daiwa doesn't have EEPROMs.  Neither store stocks 65C22.

That's a significant price difference (EPROM vs. EEPROM).  We will use
the EPROM.

> Some bad news (or good news in disguise?):  Active Electroincs is sold out
> of the IR detectors and emitters recommended by Malone.  Now I guess we
> can look for better alternatives (see I don't have to do EVERYTHING by the
> book).  I wonder why people didn't buy their comp parts at Daiwa....

Earn brownie marks for yourself.  Mention it on the Design Web.  The
only person who actually reads the Design Web is Malone and he'll
think you're being helpful.

As you stated, it may be good news in disguise that Active Electronics
is out of Malone's IR emitters/detectors.  Did you ask how frequently
they restock?

> I also bought a couple of 16 pin sockets for myeslf.  I can't find
> transistor sockets... but I know I'm supposed to stick the transistors in
> transistor sockets....  Maybe I'll have to visit Active Surplus or
> Supremetronics again this weekend.

I have never seen or heard of an actual transistor socket before.

> I'll probably be back at New later this evening if you want to see the
> memory chips tonight, Tim.

Not necessary.