Re: To turn or not to turn

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 08:17:03PM -0500, Joyce Poon wrote:
> (huge sigh...) I don't really understand this time-dependence/turning
> idea. However, I still think that the robot can change direction without
> turning

Ahh!  If the robot changes direction, then it _has_ turned!  That was
the point I was trying to make.

It's semantics.

There are, of course, different ways of turning, and we should discuss
as many as we can.  But _please_, if for my poor sake alone, don't
call it a non-turning robot!!!

A non-turning robot is one that cannot choose its direction.  If that
is what you are proposing, then we definitely should discuss that over
supper.  :-)

A less strict definition: A non-turning robot is one that cannot
choose an arbitrary direction.