Re: Batteries

On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 11:56:20PM -0500, Cindy Wong wrote:

> See, my argument is that we need approximatl 7 batteries for hte alkaline.
> Now, at $28.99 for 72, we have approximately 10 - 30 minute runs if the
> rough calculations are a good approximation.  So, even if we get the NiMH

Ah!  I didn't read your chart closely enough!  Sorry!!  I had
foolishly assumed that the $30 was for 7 batteries, which sounded
kind-of, um...  expensive for alkaline batteries.  :)

I see no reason to even give the others serious consideration in
that case.

> Of course, the effects to the environment is probalby a lot worse if we
> dispose of 72 alkaline batteries.

If the government would agree to subsidize our purchase of
rechargeables, we would reconsider.  :)