Re: Reflected Signal Problem

Hmm... I don't know whether extra emitters/detectors should be placed at
beacon level because of the very fact that our beacon detectors will be
there... Suppose we are at the reflective surface, and our extra emitter
(which I will now call reference emitter since that's how we'll be using
them) emits a signal that is reflected, our beacon sensors will thus be
picking up the enemy beacon and our reference signal.  How can we
distinguish between the two?  How does the reference signal help?  (I'm
assuming that the frequencies of the enemy beacon and our reference signal
are the same, or at least close enough that our sensors will sense both.)

If the reference emitter/detectors are placed far enough away from the
beacon sensors (which is why I suggested bumper level, but I guess it
doesn't have to be so low... it could be at mid-level...), then we can say
that if any reference detector picked up a signal, there is a reflective
surface.  (of course this only works if the enemy robot does not have
reference signals at that level as well).

If I have made a blatant logic mistake, please tell me. (i'm sure you'll
tell me anyway...)

On another note, when it's time to acutally build all this, I will try to
modulate the frequency to a unique one as much as possible.  If I can do
this, than all our problems will be solved.  But I really don't know how
feasible this is (seeing how I don't think I'll be  going around
looking for specific light-sensitive materials & transistors to build our
own sensors -- which is what Tim seemed to be implying).  There will be
circuitry involved still -- I'll see what I can do with it.

Lastly, I just want to write this down in an email so we have a record of
it.  IF we want to interfere with other people's signals, we can change
their signal phase/frequency. (which is very difficult) hm...

Listening to oldies & taking it easy this fine Friday,
Joyce :)