Re: Reflected Signal Problem

[I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I'm going to make a short
 comment, anyways].

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 11:42:08AM -0500, Joyce Poon wrote:

> The problem that Cindy described is neglects the fact that we may be
> picking up the signal emitted by the enemy beacon as well.  It will be all
> good if we can just read 1 signal... but the question now is... whose

I think we can assume for the most part that we will read only our own
signal.  Our signal is keyed to a certain frequency.  If we're really
concerned that intentional interference will be a problem, we can do
something fancy (say amplitude + frequency modulation, or perhaps
modulated frequency modulation), although that would probably require
some rather tricky electronics or a microcontroller or pal on the
beacon (and Malone would probably discourage us from doing such a
thing).

>From what I understand "interference" may be a problem, but not
necessarily intentional interference.

[qouted "interference" because I wonder how many groups blame
 "interference" when they should blame their own poorly built
 circuits...]