Re: To turn or not to turn

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 03:49:37PM -0500, Joyce Poon wrote:
> >
> > is going L or R is equivalent.  So suppose our robot is going N and it
> > hits an obstacle.  It does not have to turn to go away from it; it can
>
> Suppose it does not hit an obstacle.  Now what?  :)
>
> It'll conveniently waltz right past its target unless the target
> happens to be along the current line of travel.  That's my
> understanding, anyways.  :)

Basically, what I am saying is that to change direction, the robot
does not have to turn.  The  obstacle was only an example.  If robot
"sees" the beacon at some angle, then it can just go towards the signal in
the req'd direction. There is no need to turn the robot to face that
direction and then move.

I hope I am not totally confused.

Joyce :)