Re: Drive System

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 12:15:20AM -0500, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> >
> > Cindy, you can try making smaller belts for the motors.  Try some of
> > many slightly different sizes.  These ones are too large (or,
> > alternatively, the motors could be raised higher).

I don't think there really is a lot of room for manoeuvre.

> If someone could pick-up a bunch of the red belts from Active Surplus
> before our lab, that may be useful, too.

I thought you already bought some 20 of them last time.  I will go get
some now. I guess.

> I can show the robot doing what looks like it's following a beacon
> around (I have tried the defend mode).  Moving at maybe 1ft per month
> and with a sensor range of less than 1ft, it's pretty unimpressive,
> though.  The motors generated too much noise on the sensors so I have
> to stop the robot every X many seconds to check the sensors.

Need to ground motor casing.

> Whoever gets the little red pulleys should also buy some cheap 9V batteries
> from Supreme.  Say five should be plenty.  They last quite a while
> when used for the sensors (although the beacon gobbles them up pretty
> quick).

I guess I will go buy those too.

Cindy -- go pick up robot stuff from Tim before class starts.  Settle on
some sort of arrangement.

Joyce