Re: IR sensors

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 01:39:19AM -0500, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> not specifically mine when those problems arise.  When I plugged in the
> +12V power for the IR sensors, the 7805 started getting very hot.  My

Just a follow-up on this: it turned-out to be an incorrectly wired
power connection.  I believe it's fixed, now.

Never mind the time/date stamp of this mail, it took <5 minutes for me
to find the problem, and only about double that to fix it and make sure
I fixed it correctly.  The time/date stamp is due to the fact that I
decided to take a 1 1/2 hour TV+pizza break.  That's not the point, however.
It could just as easily have been a broken 7805, or, for that matter,
if I hadn't noticed quickly enough that the 7805 was overheating (it
was drawing more than 1Amp current), it would have been a broken 7805.