Re: Sol'n to Speed Feedback?

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 09:58:55AM -0500, Joyce Poon wrote:

> I finally found a website that explained how to use Hall Sensors to detect
> speed (Hall sensors cost less than $3 each).  If you guys care, you may
> check out how they work at this website: www.kemparts.com/tt10/tt10.html

Hmm...  Up until reading the above I had been under the impression
that Hall Sensors were far too complex for us to even think about
using.

Can you find some more pointers to info about Hall sensors, or explain
some more of your own knowledge about them?  What exactly do you mean
when you say "Hall sensors cost less than $3 each"?  What exactly does
this buy and what type of output would it produce and what type of
connection does it need to the motors?

[Normally I would look this kind of stuff up myself, but at the moment
 I'm a little busy reading Malone's jun^H^H^Hwriting and with a couple
 FreeBSD bugreports I should have dealt with months ago].